Saturday, August 25, 2007

Torrivieja - The view from my friend's place






It was fantastic to arrive and see my mate Kjetil from Norway. I met Kjetil when he was studying in Sydney many years ago. His folks have had a holiday place in Torrevieja (south of Alicante) on the coast for about 10 years or so. I've included some pics of/from the villa.

I think I had had too much sun in Sitges so i rested the first two days here.

The coastline here is great. I loved the beach.

But i cant honestly recommend Torrevieja as a tourist destination. The bulk of young people we met were visiting their folks or their holiday homes - yet when you wander through the sea of new villas - many sit idle most of the year. When we went down the street in the main town - I got the feeling like the place used to be more popular in say the 70's and 80's- and is now a bit of a ghost town - mostly due to there being so many holiday villas and many retirees.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: