Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So how did I survive ??





Well I found(along with my friend Carmella from the US) a great tiny surfie town called Tarifa - I think many people emphasise the "rifa" here. (The smell of it filled one of the bars we visited )..

We sampled the fresh local seafood - had amazing tex mex food and enjoyed one of the best sunsets I have ever seen. (its such a treat seeing the sun set in the western ocean horizon when you come from East Coast of Australia)

The only down side here is it is one of the world's windiest cities - so much so it is home to "kitesurfing" and windsurfing sports most of the year. Its a cute seaside town with an old city wall - not sure if that was built to protect from invaders or to just keep the wind and sand out. So my trip to the beach was spent nestled in a tiny protected cove.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: