Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tips, odds and ends for those coming to San Fran, next stop Toronto.




I also really clicked with Rod and Greg – two guys who were from New Orleans and have recently moved to San Francisco. Whilst their house survived Hurrican Katrina (My thoughts go to all those affected – it was such a devastating event.) – they decided to move to San Fran for some work opportunities. One tip they gave me was where to find good coffee. Above is the shop cnr 18th St and Sanchez (if you are like me and cant stand the bitter coffee in the US) where you can choose the coffee beans you want for your own coffee.

On Friday night after being out with Will, Rod, Greg, Troy and Jarek, – I decided to go out dancing – Found a great club the End up – (where many people end up after all the alcohol stops at 2am). The music was pumping and there was a really mixed crowd. On Sunday I also hit some of the long weekend events – there is a great club in an old theatre called Ruby Skye (the main DJ was Manny Lehman – who I think has played in Sydney before). It was a charming old building and I ran into people I had previously met while traveling – it’s still a very small world.

I also have added a picture of the Legion of Honor museum.

San Francisco is still a very progressive city – it’s a quality I struck on my first visit. Public Transport, Housing and Social Issues are all important to the people of this city. Some people have told me of the increasing conservatism that is creeping in here. However I have included a picture of a controversial pro-adoption campaign being run here. I for one hope that San Francisco continues to be at the forefront of social change. Its one city I believe that where regardless of who you are or where you come from there is a strong sense of acceptance and a feeling of community. I am sure I will be back to visit tis great city again.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nicholashutchings said...

The only family planning i believe in .. is the planning of not to have one. !!!